ParioPlan, Celebrating 20 Years
Pario - (pah-ri-ohh) is the Latin word for 'to bring forth' or 'create'. It captures the essence of what we do at ParioPlan - creating plans based on sound land use planning and urban design principles that respond to local community needs and opportunities.
- All Categories ›
- Active Transportation Planning
- Area Redevelopment Plan Amendments
- Best Practices and Trends Research
- Community Engagement + Communication
- Conventional and Innovative Engagement
- Design Guidelines
- Downtown + Mainstreet Revitalization
- DT / Area Redevelopment Plans
- DT / Streetscape and Open Space Improvements
- Economic Development
- Green Development Initiatives
- Growth Studies and Annexation Applications
- Highest and Best Use Studies
- HO / Housing Needs Studies
- Land Use Bylaw
- Land Use Bylaw Amendments
- Master Planning
- Placemaking and Design Charrettes
- Public Communication and Engagement Plans
- Regional Plans
- Road Closures
- Site Specific Custom Zoning
- SP / Area Structure Plans
- SP / Community Revitalization Levy Plans
- SP / Intermunicipal Development Plans
- SP / Municipal Development Plans
- SP / Outline Plans
- Special Studies
- Strategic Planning
- Subdivision Approvals
- Sustainable Urban Design
- Transit-Oriented Development
- Urban + Rural Planning
We are committed to designing communities that are complete and resilient, balancing sustainable development with a respect for diversity in values, cultures, economies, ecosystems, built environments and distinct places.
We have extensive experience working with development teams and municipal staff to facilitate the often-complex planning review and approval process. We can add value to larger-scale infill projects and build an effective planning case for increased development rights.
Using the approach developed by the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2), we design, coordinate, deliver and evaluate consultation activities or stand-alone facilitation services. We can also develop communication pieces to support project consultation objectives in collaboration with the client.
Our knowledge of enabling legislation, best planning practices, technical issues and stakeholder engagement allows us to develop effective policies and bylaws to address today’s complex planning challenges.